A Content ID claim is automatically generated when an uploaded video matches audio in YouTube’s Content ID system. As part of our distribution service, your original content will be delivered to YouTube’s Content ID system to protect your release.
Bear in mind:
- When a claimed video is tracked or monetised, it stays viewable on YouTube with the active Content ID claim on it. Usually, copyright owners choose to track or monetise videos, not block them.
- Content ID claims are different from copyright removal requests and copyright strikes.
- Content ID claims affect videos, but usually don’t impact your channel or account.
YouTube will email you if your video gets a Content ID claim. You can also use YouTube Studio:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Content.
- Click the filter bar and head to Copyright.
- Find the video that you’re interested in.
- In the Restrictions column, hover over Copyright.
a. Copyright: Video has a Content ID claim.
b. Copyright – Takedown: Video is affected by a copyright removal request, also known as a ‘takedown’
For more info, click SEE DETAILS on the hover text to open the Video copyright details page.