and other frequently asked questions
- What do you do with my ambient music?
We will add your ambient music to our playlists, submit to curators, and promote it via Music Gateway's marketing channels.
- How long does it take from submission to distribution?
From the point that we are ready to start, it can take up to 3 months.
- When do you accept new submissions?
We accept submissions on a rolling basis. When we are ready, we'll get in touch to sort the legal paperwork and start the distribution process.
- When will I get paid?
We will get in touch when your royalty reports are ready.
- Is my music registered for publishing and sync?
Yes. If you can't see your music somewhere, please do not worry.
- Can I promote my music?
You may promote your music on social media if you like, but please note that you cannot upload your music anywhere (including in the background) as Music Gateway owns the master rights. This means you should link directly to the track(s) or playlist(s) already on Spotify or another service.
- Why can't I see my music on Apple Music and other services?
If for some reason you cannot see your music, it should appear soon. We're tracking everything, so there's no need to let us know.
- Can I change my artist or track name(s)?
We will use the details you originally provided. Due to time constraints, we cannot update releases once they are distributed.
- Do you accept non-instrumental music?
We do not accept music that is not considered 'ambient'. That includes music for sleep, relaxing, studying, and more. Please submit your music here to be considered by our other teams.
- Can I claim my streaming artist profile?
Yes. Please see Spotify's FAQs for details on how to do this.
- Should I share my streaming artists portal with you?
Yes, you can add Music Gateway and email@example.com to your label team. Please see Spotify's FAQs for details on how to do this.